It’s been a while since my last post regarding vaping. Well I am still loving my Aspire Vivi Nova bottom double coil setup. I still don’t think you can beat them. My Kanger Protank 3 is now consigned to the bottom drawer along with my eVods and CE4/5s etc. I must admit I do occasionally stoke up a CE4 or 5 just for the fun of it, nostalgia I suppose…lol.
My next adventure will be into rebuildables and I will probably start with an Innokin iTaste mvp 2.0 to power them.
Wassat? I hear you cry. Well this is it.
It comes with oodles of features including;
- Variable Voltage: Voltage can be adjusted from 3.3 ~ 5.0 in 0.1 volt increments
- VariableWattage: Wattage can be adjusted from 6.0 ~ 11.0 in 0.5 watt increments
- Ohms Meter: Reads the resistance of your atomizer
- Puff Counter: Number of puffs taken since last time the battery was turned off.
- Protections: Short Circuit/Atomizer Protection, Over-Discharge Protection
- Battery Level Indicator
- Large battery capacity: Built-in 2600mAh polymer Li-Ion rechargeable battery
- High compatibility 510 connector: Threads fit 510 atomizers and many Ego Clearomizers, iClear10,iClear16 ,iClear30 etc
- ON/OFF battery switch
- 10 seconds cutoff
- Passthrough Functionality: Can be used while the battery is being charged
- Memory: Remembers last set voltage or wattage when the battery is turned off and then back on
- Built-in 3 digit display: Digital display shows Ohms meter, Voltage /Wattage setting, Puff count
- Portable power source: USB output port can be used to charge portable Mp3 players and cell phones.
Let me tell you first why I will using this.
Going back to last month and I decided to try rebuilding a CE5. I bought some silica wick and some Kanthal wire which you will need to rebuild a coil. Looks easy I thought and it wasn’t too hard.
After a couple of attempts … success. It fired up so I re-assembled the Clearomizer and away I went. Back to single coil vaping and it was good. I was surprised how good. Lots of lovely crackling as I puffed. Lots of vapour and taste. Marvelous I thought … until.
The next day I fired it up, took a puff … and bang. It shorted out leaving a rather unpleasant burning smell. It also wiped out my favorite non pass-through battery. $20 down the Swannee but as I always say even bad experiences are there to teach us something and I learned not to attempt rebuilding without an ohmmeter (which wouldn’t actually have helped in this case) and not to use an ego type battery which is not protected.
And that my friends is why I shall buy the MVP 2.0. In the specs above it mentions … Short Circuit/Atomizer Protection, Over-Discharge Protection, this means I hope that it will have survived my catastrophe with the Ego battery.
I have also acquired a cheap multimeter although the MVP 2.0 also includes a built in Ohmmeter. I am ready to go as soon as I get one and a rebuildable coil. I have not decided which one yet.
HOW BIG IS YOUR ONE?
Now I do get the feeling sometimes when I mosey around vape groups on Facebook and wherever that there is almost a little ‘penis-envy’ to hear some of these guys talk. I am talking about mods and rebuildables. There seem to be some large and fantastic contraptions that people use out there and I often wonder why people put pics of these up. Why must you spend sometimes hundreds of dollars on something like that? You see pictures of guys blowing enough steam to power a loco engine. Why?
To be honest I am perfectly happy with my Vivi Nova. It blows nice vapor and tastes great but the coils are about $2 a pop. Not a lot I know but rebuilding works out at pennies per build so I will try it and hopefully I will understand….lol.
I seem to have settled down to using Vista Vapors juices. You can choose to boost the flavor as well as altering the nicotine strength. I am on 12mg of nicotine at the moment but I am running those down to begin using the 0mg juices. For this I will need strong flavors to get some kind of throat hit and my faves so far are their Green Apple, Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Candy but I am currently trying a nice Fuzion Vapor juice. It’s called Fruit Blend #357. I quite like it and already have 2 of their 0mg nicotine flavors put away to try out. I’ll let you know how I get on with that.
And finally I mentioned vape groups on Facebook. On in particular I like is Vaping for Newbs. Great group, lots of good info. Click the link and give it a try.
© 2014 Stan M Rogers. All rights reserved.